course: International Summer School
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Peter Brinkmann
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Peter Brinkmann (ETIT), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Awakowicz (ETIT), Professoren der Physik (Physik)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- kick-off meeting: siehe "Sonstiges"
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||seminar|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
The students are familiar with low-temperature plasma physics and have an up-to-date overview of the topic.
The “International Summer School on Low Temperature Plasma Physics: Basics and Applications” will give graduate MSc / PhD students world-wide a solid introduction and a concise overview of low-temperature plasma physics and serves as a forum providing coherent education in plasma science. The School has become a genuine part of the curricula of some participating universities, because it gives a comprehensive coverage of the main areas of interest for plasma science and technology: fundamentals of plasma physics, plasma sources, thermal and low-pressure plasmas, plasma kinetics, diagnostics, modelling and plasma-surface interactions.
- Fundamentals of gas discharge physics, similarity laws, types of plasmas
- Debye length, collision rates, ionization cross sections, mean free path lengths, magnetic confinement
- Plasma sources, RF discharges
- Thermal plasmas
- Plasma diagnostics
- Radiation, collisional-radiative models
- Electron kinetics
- Hydrodynamic models
- Kinetics in reactive plasmas
- Surface processes
- Dusty plasmas
The students should have attended several introductory lectures in the field of plasma technology and should have passed the corresponding exams.
Currently it is still intended to give this course as a face-to-face event. More information you may find here: https://www.plasma-school.org/