course: Bachelor Seminar Network and Data Security
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Schwenk
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Schwenk (ETIT), Dipl.-Math. Marcus Brinkmann (ETIT), M. Sc. Martin Grothe (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term and summer term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Tuesday the 08.10.2019 from 14:15 in ID 04/413
- seminar Tuesdays: from 14:15 to 16.45 o'clock in ID 04/413
dates in summer term
- start: Tuesday the 07.04.2020
- seminar Tuesdays: from 15:00 to 16.45 o'clock in ID 03/471
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||seminar|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
The students can find, procure, evaluate and present scientific literature.
ATTENTION!! Course takes place Wednesdays 2 - 4 pm. (NOT Tuesdays)!!
The students will work with selected scientific topics in IT security with relevance to network and data security.
- 16.09.19 - 23.09.19: apply for a topic at https://seminar.hgi.rub.de
- 09.10.19, 14:00: kickoff meeting in ID 2/168 (attendance required)
- 23.10.19, 23:59: hand in the exposé (not mandatory but strongly recommended)
- 27.11.19: hand in the preliminary version
- 11.12.19: hand in the mutual feedback
- 18.12.19: hand in the revised version (with respect to feedback)
- 10.01.20: feedback from supervisors
- 22.01.20: hand in the final version
- ??.??.??: final presentation in ID ?/??? (attendance required)
Please note: attendance cannot be certified separately. The results are directly transmitted to the examination office. If you have questions to your topic, please contact your assigned supervisor directly.
Written Paper: You can use the template at http://nds.rub.de/teaching/theses/seminar/
The goal of the seminar is the presentation of a scientific publication. You can choose from a preselected list of suitable topics.
Your task is to thoroughly understand your topic and to create a comprehensive summary. The relevant basics must be presented if necessary for the understanding.
The assignment of seminar topics is centralized with the other chairs of our faculty at: https://seminar.hgi.rub.de/. After you have received your topic, you are recommended to hand in a two-page exposé as stated above.
- The final text version shall be of:
- 12 pages for bachelor students
- 15 pages for master students
- 25 pages for topics which are joint work of two students
There is a deadline for a preliminary version of you work. You will receive feedback twice (once from the other course participants and once from your supervisor). The feedback must be implemented respectively (such that each updated version is corrected based on the previous feedback). All further coordination will be discussed with your supervisor.
The final presentation must be 20-30 minutes and is followed by questions from the audience. Slide layout and language (EN/DE) can be chosen at will. Please hand in your slides in the PDF file format. Powerpoint and others will not be accepted.
- Attendence is required:
- for the kickoff meeting
- for the final presentation.
THERE ARE NO WEEKLY MEETINGS.
Basic knowledge of cryptography, network and data security