course: Master Seminar Network and Data Security
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Schwenk
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Schwenk (ETIT), M. Sc. Matthias Gierlings (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term and summer term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Tuesday the 27.10.2020 from 14:15 in Online
- seminar Tuesdays: from 14:15 to 16.45 o'clock
dates in summer term
- start: Tuesday the 21.04.2020
- seminar Tuesdays: from 15:00 to 16.45 o'clock
Die Angaben zu den Prüfungsmodalitäten (im WiSe 2020/2021 | SoSe 2021) erfolgen vorbehaltlich der aktuellen Situation. Notwendige Änderungen aufgrund universitärer Vorgaben werden zeitnah bekanntgegeben.
|Form of exam:||seminar|
|Registration for exam:||None|
The participants can find, procure, understand and evaluate technical and scientific literature, as well as, document the result in Latex.
The students will work with selected scientific topics in IT security with relevance to network and data security.
Registration For registration and assignment of topics please use the seminar allocation system: https://seminar.hgi.rub.de
- Preliminary schedule
- 27.10.20, 14:15: kickoff meeting (online, attendance required)
- See kickoff meeting slides for deadlines to hand in: the exposé, the preliminary version, the mutual feedback, the revised version (with respect to feedback), the final version
- TBD: final presentation (online, attendance required)
Please note: attendance cannot be certified separately. The results are directly transmitted to the examination office. If you have questions about your topic, please contact your assigned supervisor directly.
Written Paper: You can use the template at http://nds.rub.de/teaching/theses/seminar/
All registered seminar participants will receive an e-mail containing links/dial-in information for online course meetings in due time. (Online course meetings will typically be held via Zoom).
The goal of the seminar is the presentation of a scientific publication. You can choose from a preselected list of suitable topics.
Your task is to thoroughly understand your topic and to create a comprehensive summary. The relevant basics must be presented if necessary for the understanding.
The assignment of seminar topics is centralized with the other chairs of our faculty at: https://seminar.hgi.rub.de/. After you have received your topic, you are required to hand in a two-page exposé as stated above.
- The final text version shall be of:
- 12 pages for bachelor students
- 15 pages for master students
- 25 pages for topics which are joint work of two students
There is a deadline for a preliminary version of your work. You will receive feedback twice (once from the other course participants and once from your supervisor). The feedback must be implemented respectively (such that each updated version is corrected based on the previous feedback). All further coordination will be discussed with your supervisor.
The final presentation must be 15-20 minutes and is followed by questions from the audience. Slide layout and language (EN/DE) can be chosen at will. Please hand in your slides in the PDF file format. Powerpoint and others will not be accepted.
- Attendence is required:
- for the kickoff meeting
- for the final presentation.
THERE ARE NO WEEKLY MEETINGS.
Basic knowledge of cryptography, network and data security, writing documents in Latex.