course: Data Structure
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- overhead transparencies, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Maike Buchin
- Prof. Dr. Maike Buchin (Mathematik)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- lecture: siehe "Sonstiges"
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Termin wird vom Dozenten bekannt gegeben
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
This lecture aims at providing the ability to professionally employ different existing data structures, to design new data structures, to proof the correctness of algorithms, and to analyze their runtime.
After introducing different data types (like lists, stacks, queues, and trees) different data types will be discussed which allow to represent sets and support different kind of set operations (like dictionaries, priority queries, and UNION-FIND-data structures). Moreover, the lecture will cover the representation of trees and tree algorithms (like depth first and breadth first search, shortest path, transitive closure, strongly connected components, and minimal spanning tress) as well as different sorting algorithms (Mergesort, Heapsort, Quicksort, Bucketsort, Radixsort).
- Elementare Sprachmerkmale der Programmiersprache Java ™,
- Mathematik-Kenntnisse im Umfang von „Höhere Mathematik I und II“
- Drake, Peter "Data Structures and Algorithms in Java", Prentice Hall, 2005
- Dieker, Stefan, Güting, Ralf H. "Datenstrukturen und Algorithmen", Teubner Verlag, 2004
Link zum Moodle-Kurs: https://moodle.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/m/enrol/index.php?id=26054