course: Master Internship Basics of Layout Design of Integrated Circuits
- teaching methods:
- practical course
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Oehm
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Oehm (ETIT), M. Sc. Dominik Veit (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term and summer term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Tuesday the 08.10.2019 from 13:00 in ID 03/349
dates in summer term
- start: according to agreement
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||lab|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
The basics of layout design of integrated circuits are learned and applied in practice. For this purpose, the understanding of the design flow as well as the creation of more complex layout-designs is given in a current CMOS technology using a professional IC design software.
Firstly, the basics of the standard CMOS process are explained. Layer definitions and design rules are derived from the CMOS process to determine the layout design. Based on that, basic circuits are created and simulated. With the help of these circuits the full design flow is practiced to create a chip layout. This includes methods for the validation like DRC, Antenna Check, LVS, extraction of parasitic elements and the back simulation of the circuit.
Basic knowledge of electrical engineering and mathematics
- Content of the following lectures
- Design of Analogue BiCMOS Circuits,
- Electronics 1 - Devices,
- Electronics 2 - Circuits.
- Baker, R. Jacob "CMOS -- CIRCUIT DESIGN, LAYOUT, AND SIMULATION", I.E.E.E.Press, 2005
- Saint, Christopher, Saint, Judy "IC Layout Basics -- A PRACTIAL GUIDE", McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004
- Saint, Christopher, Saint, Judy "IC Mask Design -- ESSENTIAL LAYOUT TECHNIQUES", McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002
The number of participants is limited to 6 students!
The event date is set during the preliminary meeting.
For registration contact Dominik Veit, ID 1/352 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com