course: Master Practical Course Side Channel Attacks
- teaching methods:
- practical course
- responsible person:
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Amir Moradi
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Amir Moradi (ETIT), M. Sc. David Knichel (ETIT), M. Sc. Bastian Richter (ETIT)
- see examination rules
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Wednesday the 09.10.2019 from 16:00 in ID 2/632
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||lab|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
The lab course side-channel attacks (SCA) teaches the students the practical skills to evaluate the side-channel resistance of cryptographic implementations and how to to implement countermeasures against SCA. The lab cource was updated and beginning in winter semster 18/19 works with an ARM M0 platform. The students will self-dependently perform measurements and implement countermeasures on the microcontroller.
- Introduction & Statistics
- Pattern Matching & SPA
- Measurements & CPA on Software
- Leakage Detection & CPA on Hardware
- CPA with Alignment
- Boolean Masking on AES S-Box
- Final Project
The lecture "Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes I" provieds helpfull basic knowledge but is not required.
Participants: max. 20 students, ITS master preferred
All details will be dicussed at the first at the first meeting . It is not possible to reserve a slot via email.