course: Laser Materials Processing
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- responsible person:
- Priv.-Doz. Dr.-Ing. Cemal Esen
- M. Sc. Henrik Dobbelstein (Maschinenbau)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- lecture Tuesdays: from 14:00 to 18.00 o'clock in ID 05/158
Die Angaben zu den Prüfungsmodalitäten (im WiSe 2020/2021 | SoSe 2021) erfolgen vorbehaltlich der aktuellen Situation. Notwendige Änderungen aufgrund universitärer Vorgaben werden zeitnah bekanntgegeben.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||in the exam office|
The students will learn about the basics of the different processing methods. They should be able to estimate benefits and limitations of the different methods and to compare them with conventional production techniques.
First of all the principles of different high power lasers and their suitability for material processing are treated. Then the guiding and forming devices for laser beams are discussed. The properties of laser beams and material surfaces are discussed in own chapters. The following chapters include the interaction between laser beam and material as well as the different processing methods e.g. cutting, welding, surface treating and marking. The last two chapters contain an overview about laser safety and an introduction in laser applications in medical engineering.
- basic knowledge in mathematics, physics, and engineering
- basics of materials, heat transfer, manufacturing engeneering
- Schaaf, Peter "Laser Processing of Materials - Fundamentals, Applications and Developments", Springer, 2010
- Iffländer, Reinhard "Solid-State Lasers for Materials Processing", Springer, 2001