course: Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering - Electric Circuits
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ilona Rolfes
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ilona Rolfes (ETIT), Dr.-Ing. Jan Barowski (ETIT), M. Sc. Dennis Pohle (ETIT), M. Sc. Jonas Schorlemer (ETIT), Dipl.-Ing. Martin Schreurs (ETIT), M. Sc. Jonas Wagner (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
Die Angaben zu den Prüfungsmodalitäten (im WiSe 2020/2021 | SoSe 2021) erfolgen vorbehaltlich der aktuellen Situation. Notwendige Änderungen aufgrund universitärer Vorgaben werden zeitnah bekanntgegeben.
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Rooms :||HGD 10 , HGD 20 , HGD 30|
|Individual appointments of students to each exam location will be issued by the responsible chair.|
The students know the fundamentals and laws of electrical DC and AC circuits and they are able to handle them for the calculation of currents and voltages in electrical circuits. They have the ability to analyse, to describe and to transform electrical circuits mathematically correctly. Furthermore, they have comprehended the fundamentals of complex circuit theory and can apply it to practical examples.
- linear DC circuits: passive sign convention; current and voltage sources; Kirchhoff's circuit laws; Ohm's law, series and parallel circuits, divider circuits; real current and voltage sources; interaction between source and load (impedance matching); superposition theorem; analysis of complex circuits.
- time-dependent currents and voltages: specific characteristic values.
- AC current and voltage: vector diagramm; complex numbers; AC circuit theory; reactance and impedance R, L, C; frequency response locus; calculation of AC circuits in the complex plane; energy and power; impedance matching.
- Analysis of circuits: mesh current method; node voltage method.
- Two-ports: impedance, admittance and chain matrices; characteristic of two-ports and multiports (reciprocity, symmetry); series and parallel circuits of two-ports.
mathematical knowledge of the fundamentals of differential and integral calculus as well as linear algebra
- Pregla, Reinhold "Grundlagen der Elektrotechnik", Hüthig, 2009
- Martius, Siegfried, Schaller, Gerd, Schmidt, Lorenz-Peter "Grundlagen der Elektrotechnik 3", Pearson Studium, 2006
The optional exercises on Wednesday have the purpose to discuss questions and the results of the previous homework.
Password for moodle-course: ET-EN-21