course: Symmetric Cryptanalysis
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Gregor Leander
- Prof. Dr. Gregor Leander (Mathematik)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Tuesday the 08.10.2019
- lecture Tuesdays: from 08:30 to 10.00 o'clock in NB 02/99
- tutorial (alternativ) Wednesdays: from 08:30 to 10.00 o'clock in IA 1/135
- tutorial (alternativ) Wednesdays: from 14:00 to 16.00 o'clock in IA 1/181
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students have a deep understanding about the design and the security of symmetric ciphers.
We are going to elaborate on the most important topics in symmetric cryptography. After a careful introduction to linear and differential cryptanlysis, we are going to study further attacks, e.g. integral, impossible differentials, Boomerand attacks and alike. Besides studing the attacks, we will always focus as well on the resulting design criteria and how to prove ciphers secure against the various attacks.
Einführung in die Kryptographie 1
- Knudsen, Lars, Robshaw, Matthew "The Block Cipher Companion", Springer, 2012