course: Computer Architecture
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Studiendekan ETIT
- M. Sc. Florian Fricke (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- lecture: Wednesday the 16.10.2019 from 08:15 to 09.45 o'clock in HID
- lecture: Thursday the 17.10.2019 from 10:15 to 11.45 o'clock in HID
- lecture Thursdays: from 10:15 to 11.45 o'clock in HID
- tutorial Wednesdays: from 08:15 to 09.45 o'clock in HID
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Rooms :||HGD 10 , HGD 30|
|Individual appointments of students to each exam location will be issued by the responsible chair.|
The students are familiar with connections and have detailed knowledge of the structure, components and functionality of modern computer systems in hardware and software. Thus they have the basis to design and develop computer components and systems, both in the computer technology itself, as well as in their application areas such as embedded systems. Participants in this course will be familiar with the basic operation of processors and their microarchitecture (such as pipeline stages, command handling, resolving pipeline conflicts, etc.).
Based on basic computer structures (Von-Neumann-architecture, SISD, SIMD, MIMD) basic skills for the requirement-oriented design and the application-oriented realization of computer systems are taught. Concrete examples of today's computers for different fields of application (8051, Pentium, Core, Ultra Sparc III) complete the general knowledge content. A special focus is the in-depth explanation and programming of the microarchitecture level as a complement to other courses in the field of computer science / computer technology (programming languages, embedded processors).
- Tanenbaum, Andrew S. "Computerarchitektur", Pearson, 2005
- Tanenbaum, Andrew S. "Computerarchitektur. Strukturen - Konzepte - Grundlagen", Pearson, 2006
- Hennessy, John LeRoy , Patterson, David "Rechnerorganisation und Rechnerentwurf: Die Hardware/Software-Schnittstelle", Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag, 2011
- Tanenbaum, Andrew S. "Structured Computer Organization", Prentice Hall, 2005
- Siemers, Christian, Sikora, Axel "Taschenbuch Digitaltechnik", Hanser Fachbuchverlag, 2002
Formerly: "Computer Architecture"
The exercises will be made available for download to students at least one week before the exercise date. The execution of the exercises (preparation of the results in dialogue with the students) does not take place in a fixed time frame but according to the lecture progress.