- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Friday the 11.10.2019
- lecture Fridays: from 10:15 to 11.45 o'clock in ID 04/471
- tutorial (alternativ) Thursdays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock in ID 03/463
- tutorial (alternativ) Thursdays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock in ID 03/471
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Room :||ID 04/401|
Learn the functional principle of optoelectronic devices. Accumulate knowledge of the basic physics and on the function of the most important devices (solar cell, photodiode, light emitting diode, semiconductor laser).
At first, the basic principles of semiconductors (lattice structure, band structure, doping) are introduced. In the second chapter, the elementary interactions between light and semiconductors are addressed. The third chapter contains the p-n-junction and hetero junctions. Then, the most important devices: solar cells, photodiodes, light emitting diodes, and semiconductor lasers are discussed in separate chapters. New devices like modulators and optical switches are referred to in the second last chapter and the last chapter consists of an overview about organic optoelectronics.
- Lecture "Quantenmechanik und Statistik"
- Lecture "Elektronik 1 - Bauelemente"