course: Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Awakowicz
- Dr.-Ing. Ralf Hereth (ETIT)
- see examination rules
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Monday the 14.10.2019
- lecture with integrated tutorials Mondays: from 16:00 to 18.30 o'clock in HID
- Students are able to analyze DC- and AC-operated linear electrical circuits.
- Students know selected technical applications.
- Students are able to correctly use the relevant technical vocabulary.
- DC network analysis: electric current, electric voltage, reference directions, resistors and Ohm's law, power calculation, Kirchhoff's laws, Thévenin and Norton equivalent circuits, principles of measuring voltages and currents
- AC network analysis: phasors for sinusoidal currents and voltages, electrical impedance, complex power, real power, reactive power, apparent power, symmetric three-phase power systems
- Electric and magnetic fields: current density, electric field strengt, electric flux density, electric potential, magnetic flux density, magnetic field strength, material media in electrical and magnetic fields, energy and forces in electrical and magnetic fields, Maxwell's equations in integral form
- Selected technical applications: the transformer, DC machines, asynchronous machines, synchronous machines
- Protection against fault conditions: safety extra-low voltage, double insulated appliance, safety earthing system, protective ground conductor, bootleg ground, overcurrent protection, residual-current circuit breaker
The lecture is held in German language.