course: Modeling of Technological Plasmas
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Peter Brinkmann
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Peter Brinkmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- start: Friday the 16.04.2021
- lecture Fridays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock
- tutorial Fridays: from 14:15 to 15.45 o'clock
Die Angaben zu den Prüfungsmodalitäten (im WiSe 2020/2021 | SoSe 2021) erfolgen vorbehaltlich der aktuellen Situation. Notwendige Änderungen aufgrund universitärer Vorgaben werden zeitnah bekanntgegeben.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students have an insight into the large number of available plasma models and are able to select and apply the appropriate one for their purpose.
A plasma is a system of many (1020) electromagnetically and quantum mechanically interacting particles (electrons, ions, neutrals) far from thermal equilibrium. The lecture discusses physical concepts and mathematical models which are suited to describe such systems and understand and calculate their properties.
- Motion of charges in electromagnetic fields: acceleration, gyration, drift
- Collision processes: Elastic and inelastic collisions
- Kinetic theory.
- Reduced kinetic theory.
- Fluid dynamic models.
- Global models.
Basics of plasma technology * Lecture: 'Fields, Waves, Particles'
The lecture will be held from April 16th,2021 as a mixture of lecture (via platform zoom) and self-learning.
There will be a first zoom meeting on Friday, 16th of April.
https://ruhr-uni-bochum.zoom.us/j/99782218832?pwd=dGV5NVdKRll3bjZMd1h0bnRIdVA0UT09 Meeting-ID: 997 8221 8832 Passwort: 841101