course: Master Project Optics Fundamentals
- teaching methods:
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term and summer term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Friday the 25.10.2019 from 10:00 in ID 03/419
- lab Fridays: from 09:00 to 12.00 o'clock in ID 04/317
- lab Fridays: from 09:00 to 12.00 o'clock in ICN 02/603
dates in summer term
- start: siehe "Sonstiges"
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||project|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
After the project the students understand
- the basic requirements for work in an optical laboratory
- basic Matlab commands for data analysis (esp. interpolation and Fourier transform)
Furthermore the students are able to apply
- the gained knowledge of optical experiments concerning the handling and alignment of optics
- simple data analysis tasks using Matlab
The students receive information material about the fundamental work flow in optical laboratories and data analysis in Matlab. In three experiments the gained knowledge of the students is tested and futhermore applied to two optical setups and some data.
The practical experiments are the alignment of a single mode fiber coupling setup and a Michelson interferometer. In the Matlab experiment data interpolation and Fourier transform are in the focus of the exercise.
- Further contents are:
- Cleaning and Handling of optical components
- Optic alignment workflow
- Optomechanical components
- Basic characteristics of lenses and other optics
- Coherence and interferference
A Laser safety introduction is mandatory to take part in the optics fundamentals project.
Participation in the Optics Fundamentals project is mandatory for advanced projects (modern optics, semiconductor optics).
as you were informed in the open letter from the Prorector, the Courses for the summer semester based on the current Situation of coronavirus will be offered digitally. To enable you to participate in the LAP modules, the registration of the modules will be organized via the Moodle course PTT / LAP courses summer term 2020 (password: 20LAP_Courses20).
There you will be informed about the lectures and courses in the summer semester 2020 and you can select your desired courses. During the first weeks oft he summer semester, we will transfer you to the Moodle courses of the chosen course or provide you with updated information.
We make every effort to offer you the fullest possible range of courses. Please understand that in some cases it's going to take some time before we can respond to all requests. However, we will try to ensure that all courses run orderly.