- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rainer Martin
- Prof. Dr. Claus Weihs (extern)
- see examination rules
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||None|
|Registration for exam:||None|
|description of exam:|
Die Prüfungsform wird zu Beginn der Veranstaltung bekanntgegeben.
This course conveys the fundamentals of the analysis of music signals and music data. The participants acquire the methods of signal processing, statistics and classification in the context of music data.
The course is offered jointly by several faculties, namely the Faculty of Arts and Sports Sciences (Department of Music and Musicology) and the Faculty of Statistics of the TU Dortmund and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the Ruhr University Bochum.
Table of contents (lecturer in parentheses)
- Introduction, the music signal I (Weihs, Ebeling)
- The music signal II; musical structures (Ebeling)
- Digital signal processing I (Martin)
- Digital signal processing II, signal based features (Martin, Nagathil)
- Digital representation of music, non-signal based features (Rudolph, Vatolkin)
- Statistics of musical data (Weihs)
- Unsupervised learning (Weihs)
- Supervised classification (Weihs)
- Feature processing and feature selection (Vatolkin)
- Segmentation and transcription (Ligges)
- Instrument recognition (Weihs, Bauer)
- Review, amendments, Conclusion (Weihs, Bauer)
Knowledge of higher mathematics, in particular fundamentals of probability and statistics and linear algebra.
Die Vorlesung findet in der TU Dortmund im Raum OH 12 / 1.056 statt.
Die Teilnehmerzahl ist auf max. 30 begrenzt. Eine Anmeldung ist per E-mail bei Sabine Bell