course: Ultrafast Laser Physics and Technology
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno (ETIT)
- offered in:
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students understand how to generate, manipulate and characterize ultrashort laser pulses, and they are familiar with most recent technological developments in ultrafast laser technology.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear propagation of optical pulses
- Dispersion compensation
- Modelocking and amplification of ultrashort pulses
- Ultrashort pulse measurement techniques
- New trends in ultrafast lasers
- Fundamental knowledge of electromagnetic waves, optics, Fourier analysis
- Ideally the students have completed the Laser Technology and/or the Photonics mandatory courses.