course: Biomedical Optics
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Tuesday the 08.10.2019
- lecture Tuesdays: from 10:15 to 11.45 o'clock in ID 03/455
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students have insight into the interaction of light with biomedical tissue. They understand different approaches for optical imaging of biological tissue and know the fundamentals of optical treatment of deseases.
The lecture with integrated exercises will cover the fundamentals of light-biological tissue interaction. Instrumentation for biomedical optics will be discussed. The main part of the lecture concerns concepts for imaging biomedical tissue including microscopy and diverse optical tomography approaches. Finally, concepts for treatment of deseases with optical means (e.g. laser surgery) will be presented.
- Modules Photonics and Optical Metrology
- Fundamental knowledge of electromagnetic waves and optics
- Wang, Lihong V. "Biomedical Optics, Principles and Imaging", Hoboken, 2007