course: Simulation Hochfrequenter Systeme
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ilona Rolfes
- Dr.-Ing. Christian Schulz (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Friday the 11.10.2019
- lecture Fridays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock in ID 03/401
- tutorial Fridays: from 14:00 to 14.45 o'clock in ID 03/401
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students possess a deep knowledge of various RF and microwave simulations methods. Model-based as well as different 3D electromagnetic methods, such as FDTD (Finite Difference Time Domain), will be discussed in detail. Apart from advanced skills in electromagnetics, the students understand differences and specific advantages and disadvantages of selected commercial simulation tools. The methods for analysis and optimization of RF and microwave components are applied on practical examples.
- Selected Simulation Methods - Model-based Methods - 3D electromagnetic Methods
- Selected RF/Microwave Components - Coupler - Power Divider - Transitions - Antennas
- Selected Commercial Simulation Tools
- Synthesis of Various Simulation Methods
Lecture: Systems of High-Frequency Techniques
- Pozar, David "Microwave Engineering", Wiley & Sons, 1998