course: Terahertz Technology
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Martin R. Hofmann
- Dr.-Ing. Carsten Brenner (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Wednesday the 09.10.2019
- lecture with integrated tutorials Mondays: from 10:15 to 11.45 o'clock in ID 03/411
- lecture with integrated tutorials Wednesdays: from 08:00 to 09.30 o'clock in ID 04/413
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students are able to identify problems which can be solved with photonic THz systems. They can explain the setup of photonic THz systems and are able elaborate on advantages and disadvantages of a certain system in respect to an applicataion. Moreover they are able to explain and implement typical data analysis procedures.
The lecture deals with the basics and applications of photonic THz systems. Main focus is the frequency range from 100GHz up to 10THz for applications like thin film measurements, non destructive testing, and spectroscopy. Narrowband continuous wave systems as well as time domain spectroscopy systems based on ultrashort pulse lasers are presented. The exercises are based on the analysis of measurement data acquired by the presented systems.
Basic knowledge about wave propagation and optics
- Lee, Yun-Shik "Principles of Terahertz Science and Technology", Springer, 2009
- Murphy, J. Anthony, O'Sullivan, Créidhe "Terahertz Sources, Detectors, and Optics", Spie Press, 2012
- Bründermann, Erik, Hübers, Heinz-Wilhelm, Kimmitt, Maurice FitzGerald "Terahertz Technologies", Springer, 2012
Es können sich kurzfristige Raumänderungen ergeben. Ankündigungen im Moodle-Kurs der Veranstaltung (Zugangsdaten erhältlich beim Dozenten)