course: Ultrafast Laser Physics 2: Generation and Applications of Ultrashort Pulses
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- handouts, computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- start: Wednesday the 17.04.2019
- lecture Wednesdays: from 08:15 to 09.45 o'clock in ID 03/463
- tutorial Fridays: from 08:15 to 09.45 o'clock in ID 03/463
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
Become familiar with the techniques of modelocking and amplification to generate ultrashort pulses, and get an overview of the latest state-of-the art in ultrafast laser technology and their applications.
Active and Passive modelocking in solid state lasers, fiber laser modelocking and amplification, use of ultrashort pulses in science and industry.
Ultrafast Laser Physics 1: Basics of ultrashort pulses
Electromagnetics, Fourier transformations. It is also recommended to have taken the first part of the lecture "Basics of ultrashort pulses".