course: Master Practical Course Design of High Frequency Integrated Circuits with Cadance
- teaching methods:
- practical course
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nils Pohl
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nils Pohl (ETIT), M. Sc. Jan Schöpfel (ETIT), M. Sc. David Starke (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term and summer term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Friday the 11.10.2019 from 12:00 in ID 1/442
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||lab|
|Registration for exam:||Directly with the lecturer|
Students have practiced the design of integrated BiCMOS circuits for high frequency applications. The knowledge of circuit technology and high-frequency technology acquired until then can be applied on the basis of specific, practice-oriented projects. The students practiced the handling of modern design tools for the computer-aided circuit design and project-oriented work in several teams and learned a convincing presentation of the results achieved in a final discussion.
This practical course begins with a brief introduction to BiCMOS circuit technologies, the LINUX operating system, and the design tools Spectre and CADENCE, which are important for this course. Thereafter, a whole-semester design project in the area of high-frequency engineering begins, e.g. the design of an FMCW radar system at the transistor level. The design task is divided among the participating groups, with one group consisting of 2 or 3 students. At the end of the semester, the sub-projects will be re-assembled and subjected to a final overall test.
- Good knowledge of circuit engineering.
- Visit of the lecture "High Frequency Circuits for Measurement and Communications Technology" recommended.
- Im Wintersemester 19/20 findet das Praktikum donnerstags in der Zeit von 9:00 - 12:00 Uhr in Raum ID 03/349 statt.