course: Master Practical Course Side Channel Attacks
- teaching methods:
- practical course
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Amir Moradi
- Prof. Dr. Amir Moradi (ETIT), M. Sc. David Knichel (ETIT), M. Sc. Nicolai Müller (ETIT)
- see examination rules
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- kick-off meeting: Thursday the 14.10.2021
- lab Thursdays: from 15:00 to 17.00 o'clock in ID 2/632
The lab course side-channel attacks (SCA) teaches the students the practical skills to evaluate the side-channel resistance of cryptographic implementations and how to to implement countermeasures against SCA. The lab cource was updated and beginning in winter semster 18/19 works with an ARM M0 platform. The students will self-dependently perform measurements and implement countermeasures on the microcontroller.
- Introduction & Statistics
- Pattern Matching & SPA
- Measurements & CPA on Software
- Leakage Detection & CPA on Hardware
- CPA with Alignment
- Boolean Masking on AES S-Box
- Final Project
The lecture "Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes I" provieds helpfull basic knowledge but is not required.
Participants: max. 8 students, ITS master preferred
All details will be dicussed at the first meeting . Due to the corona pandemic, it is necessary to reserve a slot before the first meeting by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.