course: Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- Moodle, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christof Paar
- Dr.-Ing. Falk Schellenberg (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Thursday the 10.10.2019
- lecture Thursdays: from 14:15 to 15.45 o'clock in HIC
- tutorial Thursdays: from 16:00 to 17.30 o'clock in HIC
The students have an understanding of methods for fast and secure implementation of asymmetric cryptography.
The first two topics are algorithms for efficient implementation of asymmetric cryptography. These include algorithms for fast exponentiation as well as data structures and algorithms for multiple precision arithmetic. The third topic of the lecture covers implementation attacks with focus on fault injection and differential power analysis (DPA). As a part of the lecture there will be projects in which the learned algorithms have to be implemented.
The final grade is made up of a written exam (70%) and programming projects (30%) (also for the additional exam in the summer term).
Students willing to work on the projects in the summer term are required to contact email@example.com per mail within the first two weeks of the lecture period (summer term 2019: deadline 12.04.19).
- Basic knowledge in cryptography
- Basic knowledge in the programming languages C or C++